Technicore Group of Companies (“Technicore”) is 100% Canadian owned and operated and one of this country’s big players in heavy underground construction and steel and concrete pressure pipe manufacturing. Our portfolio stems across various areas including rail, transit and pedestrian tunnels, watermain, storm and sanitary sewer, as well as hydro and utility tunnels. Technicore operates as a fully vertically integrated company with cross-functional subsidiaries to include manufacturing and servicing, sewer and water pipe, tunnel & shaft support systems manufacturing, haulage and specialty concrete mixes for civil works.
We are looking to add a union or non-union TBM Mechanic to join our team.
- Perform the build and assembly of various mechanical and fluid power systems on tunnel boring machines.
- Perform the daily/weekly preventative maintenance on equipment and tunnel boring machines.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair equipment, including the tunnel boring machine.
- Troubleshoot, repair and overhaul mechanical systems such as pumps, drive systems, gearboxes, valves… etc
- Rigging, hoisting and lifting of equipment using appropriate devices.
- Driving of general shop equipment (forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
- Effectively communicate with management/supervisors and engineering staff.
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing.
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner.
- Setup of safety equipment and work platforms.
- High school diploma.
- 5+ years of mechanical and/or hydraulics experience in an industrial, production or construction environment.
- 5+ years of experience with hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical repair.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previously worked on Tunnel Boring Machines, Heavy Duty Industrial or Mining Equipment.
- Certificate or studies related to roles and responsibilities or basic qualifications.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, SLDs, and CAD drawings (hydraulic and pneumatic drawings a plus)
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Mill Wright skills and abilities or industrial multi-craft and mechanical trades.
- Ability to write detailed repair reports (advanced MS Office skills).
- Experience with hand/power tools, forklifts, and other heavy equipment.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies and industry standards.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and experience operating at a high degree of urgency.
- Analytic thinker that gets to the root cause of the problem and comes up with a permanent solution.
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
- Ability to lift and haul 40 lbs unassisted.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, stoop, bend, push and pull.
- Position will require outdoor work.
Expected start date