We are seeking a Construction Supervisor experienced in tunnelling, sewer, and watermains municipal projects to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for supervising the construction of tunnels and associated infrastructure (watermains, sanitary sewers, underground chambers, deep excavations, TBM and MTBM tunnel, etc), including oversight of project schedules, quality control, safety, and cost control. You will work closely with project managers, engineers, and other subcontractors to ensure the successful completion of the projects.
- Supervise the construction of tunnels and associated infrastructure, including oversight of excavation, drilling, concrete pouring, hand and mechanised tunnelling, microtunnelling, and other activities
- Lead multiple crews within a project, plan ahead, and communicate with the appropriate personnel to allocate resources as required to ensure work is completed in a safe and timely manner
- Support the Project Manager in developing and maintaining project schedules, and ensure that all work is completed on time and within budget
- Implement quality control procedures to ensure that all work meets project specifications and requirements
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines, and ensure that all work is performed in a safe manner
- Supporting the project manager in controlling project costs, including labor, materials, and equipment, and work with project managers to develop cost estimates and project budgets
- Monitor and report on project progress, including tracking of key performance indicators and identifying potential issues or roadblocks
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with project stakeholders, including clients, engineers, and other subcontractors
- High school diploma or equivalent. Health and Safety trainings and certificates as required.
- Ability to read and interpret contract documents including drawings, specifications, geotechnical reports, etc
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in tunnelling and microtunnelling construction, with a focus on underground excavation, support systems, sewer and watermains systems
- Experience in supervising construction projects, including oversight of schedules, quality control, safety, and cost control
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations related to tunnel, sewer and watermains, and civil works construction
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage a team of workers, foremen, and contractors
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to work in a physically demanding environment
If you are a skilled construction supervisor looking for a challenging and rewarding career, we encourage you to apply for this position. We offer competitive compensation packages, opportunities for growth and development, and a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability